Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Epiphone Demon

Here's a pretty rare Epiphone that I kinda fancy. Well, hope you guys like it!




Features: The Epiphone Demon was produced only one year, 2001, in Korea. 22 frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. I have the light metallic blue model. 2 covered chrome humbuckers, a three way selector, volume and single tone knob. The headstock is angled, allowing better sustain. That's a feature you don't typically see on a guitar in this price range. // 7

Sound: The Demon has a mediocre clean sound so I mostly stick with a Strat when playing the latter. The bridge pickup has a really awesome growl on the low end, though it seems to break apart a bit if taken down to drop C. The mids and highs sound great. As it is stock, it's really a guitar meant to be played with high gain.  // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The intonation seemed fine, but the action was a little high. The only flaws I see are a weak output jack and a loose pickup selector. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar if pretty hardy and despite it having its guaranteed share of  bumps (it is almost 4 feet long), it should hold up great. The paint job is surprisingly durable. Strap buttons are solid. // 9

Impression:
 For around $200 this is a fantastic guitar for it's purpose, I haven't seen many others in the price range that I'm interested in.Light metallic blue is also a great color, it's exactly what I would have picked if I could pick any color. It just looks fantastic. I wish it had a better clean output, though that's something I'll probably fix with a new neck pickup.You can't play this guitar sitting down too comfortably, unless perched on a high stool. I don't take off any points for that because the only reason to pick a Flying V over a more traditional shape is of course, for fashion. And it does look great. // 8

9 comments:

  1. Nice review, I like the flying v(might ducks reference..lol) but think I like the normal shape more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like its shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't even aware that Korea made any worthy guitars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I play it sitting just fine, very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete